Tuesday, August 27, 2013

When the Shoe Fits, You Feel Like Cinderella

     Today was one of those moments when time stood still and God gave me just a glimpse of what He sees. Too often we limit our box of thinking to match the limits we see in our ourselves.  We short change the power of God in us and only see the possibilities within our human scope and reach.  But when God exceeds that finite box we place ourselves in, we can know for certain His glory will be revealed and He has prepared an audience for HIS story.  God took me by the hand today and led me to the "ball" He has invited me to dance at, and as I tried on the glass slipper of His call for me, it fit perfectly and I felt like Cinderella!
     I've been trying to wrap my mind around the idea of stepping out of my comfort zone in the specific fashion the Lord has been nudging me to do.  I knew the "what" He was asking of me, but I was stuck trying to envision the "how" and the "can I?".  That finite box of my mind wasn't big enough for me to dance in the way He was asking me to.  Yet I chose to be obedient and accept His call of service.  The past few months have been a pendulum swinging between "you're crazy" and "you can do this".  Today, however, He brought the pendulum back to center and gave me a glimpse of the "how":  HE can do this through me.  It's His dance and He's leading.  It was a Cinderella kind of day for me.  :)  God slipped on the glass slipper He designed just for me just for this dance, and it fit.....Cinderella danced outside her box onto God's ballroom floor!
     "We are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."   ~Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment