Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Imperfect Words Are Better Than No Words

Oh, how I have missed the feel of the keys clicking away as my thoughts pour onto the screen!   I am a blogger that needs to find (or rather, make) the time to indulge myself in the stress-reducing world of words.  I have always been a reader.  You can find books in just about every room in my house, every bag I carry around, and there is always one or two books on the front seat of my van.  But what I didn't realize was how not only reading words, but writing words, fills a desire inside of me too.  Quiet time to be still and dance with the words bubbling around my head and heart.

When I first started to blog, I had expectations for what I thought my blog should look like.  I wasn't even conscience of them, they were just my assumed visions.  Topics, length, editing tools, references, pictures, etc.  But over the course of these past few months, when my time has been devoted to other priorities, I thought I simply didn't have time to blog.  As January arrived and I thought about New Year's resolutions, I knew blogging was an area I wanted to strive to increase.  I wanted to blog more and possibly with regularity.  I needed a plan.  Set a goal and reach it!  Once a month?  Once a week?  This course of thinking caused me to unpack my blog expectations and I soon discovered I was placing too much on myself.  Perfection is not required.  Yet perfection has kept me from the words that bring me so much joy.  Just putting myself in front of this screen and back into the world of words has been so refreshing!  Oh, how I've missed the dance with words!

So while I remove perfection from this one tiny area of my life (perfection permeates my entire character!), I know that I can enjoy the freedom my blog gives me instead of limiting it to only those words that pass my own critical test.  It is far better for me to imperfectly blog from the heart, than to become distracted by perfection and miss the words that are never given the chance to be exhaled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment